Wednesday 2 March 2011

Things Are Coming Together

It’s been a hectic 10 days or so with everything starting to come together. The Russian visas were approved and I took time out last week to ride down to London to pick them up personally on the basis that they were too important to us to lose in the UK postal system. As it turned out the weather on the day I chose to ride was a fantastic dry sunny day – bonus !
We paid the balance on our shipping and flights and David Grist at HC Travel sent all the documents through so, as well as our Russian visas, we now have our shipping details and loading instructions plus our flight tickets and accommodation in New York all sorted.
Today I finalised our motorbike insurance for the States and Canada with Motorcycle Express in New York and our certificates were emailed to me just a few minutes ago.
I did treat myself during the week. I went shopping on the Motorworks website and bought a spare brake lever (Mark is buying a clutch lever), a K & N filter and some alloy guards for the brake & clutch reservoirs plus a guard for the throttle potentiometer. I also bought some extra large footpegs to take the pressure off my feet when we have to travel standing up over rough terrain – this is a much more stable way to travel off road and helps with keeping the bike going in the right direction.
We have had one setback though. The Ohlins did arrive but the heavy duty springs didn’t and we feel sadly let down by Ohlins. They have been promised for this Friday so, fingers crossed.
I’ve got some dollars and roubles from the bank so as soon a he Ohlins are fitted I’m ready. Woooo Hoooooo  !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment