Saturday 11 June 2011

The Beginning of a Long Journey

Day 67 Tuesday 7th June 2011

The alarm didn’t go off at seven as I had already turned it off when I got up at 6am. I couldn’t sleep but Gina snuggled to the bedclothes and had her final half hour of comfort whilst I took a shower and did my final packing.

We met up with Mark and after a light breakfast we caught the 9am shuttle bus to the airport where, after checking her in, I said my goodbyes to Gina and with a few tears in her eyes she went through the security and was gone. 
Cleared for take off


We looked like a couple of plane spotters sat in the airport all day !

We had seen enough of Vancouver so Mark and I stayed put in the airport where, somehow, we managed to waste around 14 hours until we were called to our 3am flight the next morning. Passing through security the screwdriver bits that I had in my carry on bag set of some sort of gun metal detector so the bag was totally emptied of its contents by some surly bitch who, when she found the offending article, got a senior’s decision that it was OK for me to keep but, not to be outdone, it was decided that my shaving soap at 125ml was 25ml over the limit – this was solid soap not squirty stuff – so they took it away !

No comments:

Post a Comment