Wednesday 18 May 2011

Bikeless in Seattle

Day 47  Wednesday 18th May 2011

Never again !  I woke up this morning with my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth. The phone was ringing and it was a 7.30am wake up call which I assume was placed as a joke by Mike & Tom because they were up and away for work not long afterwards. I gave a feeble wave from my window as the guys drove out of the car park but I was sapped of any mental abilities and even a hot coffee didn’t bring me around.  I did not get back to any sense of reality until just after midday and even then I was still a little off balance.  Around 3.30 we decided to deliver the bikes to BMW and book them in for tomorrow. I saw and fell in love with a Ural motorbike and sidecar set up and wondered if  Gina would like to travel in one so I will show her the bike when I get back to the UK.

BMW South Sound, Fife, Washington State

Ural Motorbike and Sidecar

So, that’s basically it – Bikeless in Seattle – we are now marooned at the hotel until we get our bikes back. To fill the day we moved on to completion of the shipping paperwork which got us confused so we emailed our documents in the hope that we had got it right – we hadn’t was the reply but we are moving towards getting all the right boxes filled with the right answers. When our bikes come back tomorrow night we only have the weekend with them before we have to surrender them to the shippers for containerisation then we are truly barren of independent transport and we will have to rely on trains and boats and planes before we see our trusty steeds again.
Our latest plan involves us going to Seattle International Airport and staying there for a few days whilst we explore downtown Seattle ( a good few miles away but much easier to reach by bus and train from the airport than from our Motel 6 in Fife). Also, the thinking behind our relocation to the airport is that it is also a stop for the bus that goes to Vancouver in Canada and our quest will be to head that way and stay at the airport there in readiness for our flight to Bejing on 8th June.
Our Home for 10 days

No comments:

Post a Comment