Sunday 8 May 2011

A Day of Rest

Day 36  Sunday 8th May 2011 (Mother’s Day)

Mother’s Day and a day of rest for us and one for catching up with the more mundane things like clothes washing, repairs to riding gear, tightening a few bolts and checking over the bike and also some important jobs like sending mum a Jacquie Lawson E-Card (really useful way of sending cards when away from home).

I also sorted through all my bags as it seems that I have lost one of my terrabyte hard drives since yesterday. A call to the Motel 6 in Tracy revealed that I had not left it in the room so it must have fallen out of my tank bag along the route. I haven’t lost any data as such as I have another backup but it is annoying to lose £60 worth of kit but I had built in an expectation to lose bits and pieces along the way, just a part of life and not worth losing your cool over just means that I have to do another backup just in case (doing it as I type actually).

The rest of the day was spent bringing files, finances and correspondence up to date and then off to dinner with Anne-Marie Doolittle, a fellow resident at the Super 8 motel, where she answers some of our questions about how things work in the States and we, likewise, pass on information about life in the UK.  We enjoyed Anne-Marie’s company and it was nice to have some female chat for a change.

We haven’t decided where to go tomorrow so I guess that we will make up some sort of plan tomorrow – but that’s another day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment