Sunday 3 July 2011

Le Weekend - Part Deux


Sunday 3rd July 2011  

I have found a sort of halfway solution to stop my left foot from giving me so much pain. It involves making a small bridge from tissue that seems to have the effect of pushing the bones back down into the foot and relieving the pressure on the nerve that is giving me so much discomfort. The only other (minor) problem is that now I also have a large painful blister on my little toe but I’m sure I shall live. 

The fog did not lift all day and, although it wasn’t cold, walking through the mist left you damp and moist yourself. We did nothing more than amble just to make sure that we exercised more than anything else but we were just looking forward to Monday so that we could have some more positive news about the bikes.

I shunned an afternoon beer taking solace in a cup of coffee instead as I feared that if I should start drinking so early I might be tempted to continue and drink myself into oblivion to try and get out of this nightmare.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, hope you get this okay, I am the grandad that has just completed the round the UK ride "About A Girl"!

    Admire what you are doing and will follow when possible, hope the situation improves for you, hate hold up's that are pretty pathetic like the one you are having at the moment. I know what it's like because I have the same kind of luck.

    All the best

    Kenny

    ReplyDelete